Phuket Island a tropical Paradise on the Andaman Sea.
There are few things hotter than the hottest days of summer in Phuket, Thailand. And there is no better place to be during those hot days than at one of the beautiful beaches offered on this island. Here we will give you 10 ideas on how to stay cool and also later in the article tell you more about Phuket Island.
10 ways to stay cool on Phuket Island
But how do you stay cool when it feels like your body temperature is going up by just sitting next to a pool?
These few simple tips will help keep you feeling refreshed and relaxed even if the sun doesn’t go down for several hours:
- Stay hydrated – Drink plenty of water before, during, and after being outside in the heat so that your body can maintain its normal functions and decrease dehydration (which makes it even harder to stay cool).
- Fun tip: try drinking coconut water! It’s great for rehydration
- Wear light clothing
- Eat healthy, cool foods like cucumbers and tomatoes. Phuket is full of great fresh food markets so take the time and explore, eat fruit and vegetables that are rich in antioxidants and nutrients.
- Apply sunscreen every few hours to avoid burns and skin cancer risk, but be mindful not to use too much because this can lead to dehydration if you sweat heavily while wearing it all day long (apply more often if you’re outside most of the time).
- Drink herbal tea or fruit juice with ice cubes in it.
- Go to the beach for a swim.
- Wear light, breathable fabrics.
- Take a dip in an outdoor pool or at your hotel’s swimming pool if you have one nearby.
- Visit one of Phuket’s many waterfalls for a quick cooling off session before heading back out into the sun!
- Get out of the sun as much as possible during peak hours (10am-4pm). staying indoors, visiting malls, going to the movies, etc., but make sure that you’re not too close to air conditioning vents which can dry out your skin and hair!
- Have fun exploring all that Phuket Island has to offer – there are so many things to do on this island paradise that will keep you busy and entertained even if it’s too hot outside.